VisionOS platform support in 5.4 Preview

How do I publish to VisionOS with 5.4 Preview? I enabled the plugin and it shows up in my platforms menu, but it says there is no SDK… but there is no place to put the SDK in project settings? Anyone have a clue as to how to build for VisionOS? Why is there no documentation for 5.4?

3 Likes

Are you on Windows or Mac OS ?

1 Like

I’m on Mac OS … I just assumed I needed to be on a Mac for VisionOS, but I could also do Windows

1 Like

Did you install VisionOS 1.0 in Xcode

?

Oh is that all I need to do?

Yes, I have visionOS 1.0 installed along with Xcode 15.2

Is there a place somewhere in Unreal’s Settings where I have to past a URL path to the visionOS SDK?

This is the error I’m getting. The window mentions a “Launch On” menu in the main toolbar but I don’t see that menu anywhere?

What is “Turnkey”?

Is it possible to preview the packaged projects in the visionOS simulator?

@OrbitalZones No, it won’t build at all… in fact I just saw the build error that say that visionOS is not supported in this build distribution so I guess it’s not quite ready yet?

Pretty much hit the same block as @www.Replay11.com .
Edit:
seems like compiling source is the best way to go… or wait till official release. Sad dev noises

1 Like

Thanks for that update! The full release is only 1 month away so I guess I’ll just explore Xcode and Swift until then. :pensive:

The reason for this bug is the missing VisionOS SDK (like TVOS addition) which should be installed the Epic Games launcher.
Hopefully Epic will fix that soon (by upgrading it) and let you install the VisionOS SDK.
So check for updated Epic Games Installer including an VisionOS Option on the Mac…
Technically you “just” need to run “UE5 (IOS).xcworkspace” to compile the missing SDK from the UE 5.4 source code…

1 Like

I actually just built UE 5.5 from source which solves that error about the missing VisionOS SDK but it still doesn’t build the Xcode project … more errors! Ugh :weary:

1 Like

They fixed the built system in Github,
The good thing is - you are able to built an VisionOS App,
(in my case it is needs to be transfered manually to the Vision Pro.
unfortunately it is only a placeholder App displaying “Swift UI in Unreal”

Built from UE5.4 because UE5.5 is currently broken, you can disable the “rigVM” plugin (and some more dependent ones) and your project will be built…

Could someone describe, how you could manually add a project (as Alex Coulombe is mentioning it?)

Trying the same thing as @www.Replay11.com using UE 5.41 + VisionOS 1.2 on Mac… Its still asking for to install the SDK via a LaunchON menu :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I have this same problem with the latest version of Unreal. (5.4.4). I’m assuming the “Launch On” menu is the dropdown in the launcher which lets you install support for specific platforms. But all I see under target platforms is android, iOS and TVOS. Are we supposed to see VisionOS there?