Virus check on install of UE5 early access 2 Gen:Variant.Bulz.707823

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has encountered Virus checker issues installing UE5 early access 2.

I am installing from the Launcher

Bit Defender has given an error stating that plist_cmp.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Bulz.707823

Thanks

:\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA.egstore\bps\Install\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\libimobiledevice\x64\plist_cmp.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Bulz.707823 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Booted up a few moments ago and just got the message it was quarantining the file. Here’s a full dialogue from the Bitdefender app:

Infected file detected

6 minutes ago

Feature:

Antivirus

The file C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\libimobiledevice\x64\plist_cmp.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Bulz.707823 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

My best guess is it was discovered recently that the program was infected but curious what others might think. Probably going to remove UE5 for now.

I have the same issue.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/search/e921b1c071a67557ee837dcf0379b2012e8101ad4f950ddd87142ed671e5a961

Issue resolved, I have been contacted by Bit defender and it is considered a false positive

1 Like

I am getting the same thing

Screenshot 2021-09-14 071903

Hi. Yeah, i downloaded version 5.1 of UNREAL Engine and when I do a full system scan with bitdefender it gets stuck and just keeps scanning: Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Documentation. Anyone know how i can get bitdefender to complete the scan without getting stuck. It’s been scanning this file for an hour. Thanks for any help