- Create new Blank blueprint project (Mobile/Tablet + Scalable 3D or 2D + No Starter Content)
- Open Level Blueprint
- Add any key press event (E button is ok)
- Add Get Player Controller node
- Add Activate Touch Interface (it is inside Player Controller class, so you need to drag line out of Get Player Controller) and connect it to key press event
- Leave NewTouchInterface pin empty, so should just disable current touch interface
- Start PIE, hold left joystick, so you are constantly moving and press your button (E key) while you are moving
= Virtual joystick is now hidden, you can release your mouse button (or finger) and you will notice that you are stucked moving in last direction of movement.
Happens on mobile too.