Virtual Production with Real Time Camera & Green Screen

Hello,

I know this has been asked before, but they’re a few things that I’m looking to do, which are in the title of this discussion. Here are the list of things I want to do for my virtual production:

• To pump in a live feed from my camera to unreal engine [I have a capture card].
  • Key out the green screen from my camera feed.
  • Unreal Engine to be able to track the movement of my camera.
  • Does this require Vive Tracker & base Stations?

The documentation I find is always a “broad” discussion about Virtual Production, but never a “Step 1, 2, 3, etc.” There is no manual on how to make a indie style virtual production with a green screen, or maybe I’m not seeing it.

If someone can point me in the right direction, or suggest a series of tutorials that will answer my questions in the “How to” speaking manner, that will be most helpful.

Best,

Budda

1 Like

Hello Budda,

I am looking for the same thing! So maybe we can build it together? A simple shared google docs would do, we can write all the remarks, little bugs and fixes that we find on the way.

About the tracking, yes, you need a tracker. I have the Quest 2 so I hope this flies.

Cheers

any luck on this?

If anyone needs any help, i can help! drop me a question and i can explain some workflows

1 Like

Hello, I found this post as I was searching through forums and tutorials of where to get started with virtual production for a very similar idea.

I would be absolutely thrilled to learn more