Virtual Production Tools - VR Scouting & VPRC

I have 2 questions:

Question No. 1 - I noticed that the VR Scouting tool mentioned in Siggraph has a blueprint and HUD. How do we activate this?

Question No. 2 - How do you activate VPRC tool? Is it released yet or will it be available for Public in 4.23?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Parth Shah

Hello,

You can find this hud by enabling the ‘Virtual Production Utilities’ plugin. (Files can be found in Plugin Content → VirtualProductionUtilities Content)

Looping in VirtualProduction Dev for any commentary on VRPC availability / timeline.

Hi ,

Thank you for your reply. I had turned on Virtual Production Utilities Plugin while testing but it did not show any HUD.
So I add VPUI_EW_MAIN_CENTER HUD to Virtual Scouting User Interface in Project Settings>Virtual Production.

But it did not give right HUD and size wasnt right too.

Would there be any documentation on this soon?

Thank you,
Parth Shah

There are currently internal discussions for how to release the VPRC tools. (4.25 timeframe was mentioned)

Documentation for the Utilities plugin is coming soon.

Try changing Editor Settings → VR Mode → Interactor Class to VirtualScoutingInteractor

Thank you, , for the reply! I am on Holiday till Wednesday will test your solution on Thursday and update.

VPRC tools seem really useful and will be more helpful for Directors in a country like India where almost all directors are new to VP. Even a beta version release in 4.23 will be beneficial and then we can help share feedbacks and suggestions.

If you still have issues, please check out our documentation here: Virtual Scouting | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

If you’re on 4.23, we expect these tools to fully work (and there will be a much-updated release with 4.24).