Viewport camera moves on its own!

This thread is still saving lives. I would have never thought to disconnect the controller. Thank you !

This saved me too xD

Omg and i was wondering is it my keyboard going crazy ? :stuck_out_tongue: Thx a lot

I’m having a similar problem but with a twist.
I’m trying to control the camera with a Vive controller, which is happening with no problems.
However, as the scene is big, I’m multiplying the relative transform of the controller for 100 and using that to set the relative transform of the camera.
As a result, the camera starts moving faster and faster, even with the controller stopped.

If it is the relative transform I’m setting, when the controller is stopped, it should move 0 or something close to that right?
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Your camera is probably possesed! Exorcise your CPU.

OMG! @ dude, you saved my keyboard. I had been facing this since two days and thought my keyboard key is getting continuously pressed! Hit it so hard so many times! LOL! :slight_smile:

This still happens. The easiest fix is to do this:

Go to Editor Preferences->Level Editor->Viewports and turn off checkbox “Level Editor Joystick Controls”.

Would be great if Epic would fix this though :slight_smile:

-Chilton

I just wanted to echo that this thread also saved me a tons of time in trying to figure this out. :slight_smile:

lol i was trying to figure this out for 30 miuntes!

This happened to me today, I was testing my project with a controller and the camera kept going up into the sky only when I stopped playing and was back in the editor… I thought I was going crazy. it turns out I was pressing the RT button when setting the controller in my lap to use the keyboard and mouse XD

1 Like

Editor viewport was spinning like crazy, I spent 30 minutes restarting the editor, computer, re-plugging my mouse and keyboard etc… Then I found this topic, and then saw that my mobile was on top of the Xbox controller right analog stick and pushing it :see_no_evil: :joy:

1 Like

Had the same thing happen to me today. I was like WHAT THE HELL! I am not doing nothing and here my UE5 editor is possessed. Well yup, game controller was somehow leaning on something and causing my camera to go whacky!

Thank you!

Ok ok… its a few month old but… this saved me lol !

I was so confused, tried everything… then after reading this thread… I checked the old Xbox controller that was connected to the computer, under my desk… a shoe was pressing on one of the joysticks… oh well !

I am having this issue also. But I tested to see if my controller Right Thumbstick was broken by switching the LOOK action’s Thumbstick configuration from Right 2D-Axis to Left 2D-Axis. Once again, the stupid LOOK starts panning the camera on its own as soon as I move my controller’s Left stick as well. It is as if something in my BP is causing what might be an automatic look pan action–BUT I DO NOT WANT THIS.

Hope someone will help me.