Viewmode unlit not working on Oculus Quest

I’m not able to execute the command “viewmode unlit” on the Oculus Quest. I’ve even added r.ForceDebugViewModes=1 to the [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings] section in the DefaultEngine.ini.

Unlit mode works fine on the VR Preview but not on a packaged game.

Has anyone managed to run a game in unlit on the Quest?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Can you clarify why you want to view the unlit mode on the Quest? Is this just for debugging purposes or is it a feature of your game?

It may be that the “viewmode” command only exists when running in the editor (I’m not sure.). The good news is that it’s easy to recreate that view by creating a simple post process material. Here’s what the implementation would look like.

You would apply this post process material to your scene using a Post Process Volume and adding it to the “Blendables” section. See the UE docs for more details.

It’s a feature of my game. All of my materials are unlit in this scene (see image below) the difference is the bottom image is the default forward rendering passes and the top image is the Unlit viewmode/ignoring all lighting pass data.

Forward rendering does not allow us to use the Scene Texture Base Color data due to forward shading, do you know any other way to achieve this?

Thank you for replying.

Is there any chance you could create a small sample project demonstrating the issue that you could share? I might be able to poke around and figure out a solution.

My initial thoughts are that maybe auto exposure is enabled or maybe some tonemapping is kicking in and fighting against you, but these are just guesses.