View range and stasis range

Is the stasis range exposed and if so can it be modified.

Currently wild dinos go into stasis when they’re out of range. Unfortunately the view range for dinos and the stasis range are either the same or very close. This results in a rather jarring case of ‘if I can’t see it it doesn’t exist’. This is very noticeable if you’re on a tower watching the fauna, nothing ever appears at the edge of your vision unless it happens to spawn in. Anything beyond your view range just goes into hibernation.

I’d like to make it around 2x the view range. It will impact server performance but I can tweak things as needed.

With a heavily populated server their should be good dino economy since ppl are spread all over the map thus allowing less dinos to go into stasis.

Bumping this to see if anyone has ideas. I’m not concerned about the server performance impact and the above point doesn’t really apply to my server.

So any idea if the stasis range can be manipulated ?

You can turn off Stasis, but the issue after that point is the Dino disappearing once you re-log, this would be good to know since i cant seem to figure it out.

Resurrecting this old question. Was this ever exposed as a tunable option ?

1 Like

I would like to know this as well, stasis is the number one reason the game doesn’t interest me because the world is dead and no wandering dinos could ever attack my base.