Video as menu background showing up as white image when I press play?

I’m trying to include a looped video as the background for a quiz game I’ve created.

After creating a “Movies” folder within the Content folder, I copied the WMV file into the folder and then created a Media Source file in UE and linked it to the WMV file in the Movies Folder. I then right-clicked and created a Media Player file and MediaPlayer_Video file. Within the Media Player file I clicked on my Media Source and looped the file. I then created a Texture Material from the MediaPlayer_Video file and linked the Texture Sample node to Base Color and Emissive Color within the Material node.

I then went into my HUD and created an Image. Within Appearance I dropped down the Menu from my Brush and pulled the Material onto the Image section.

When viewing the file within HUD, my video file plays but when I click play in the “Standalone Game” mode my background just shows up as a static white image. Does anyone know why my video is not showing up when I click play?

Media Player does not play video automatically when you press play. It has to be setup to do so.

1. In any actor or level blueprint, make a MediaPlayer variable, compile and set its default value to your media player asset.
  2. Call MediaPlayer::OpenSource and select the MediaSource asset you want it to play, and that’s it.

I had a similar problem with video playback. The entire background was displayed as a static white spot. And besides this, the sound was very slow.

It seems to me that the reason may be in the image format, did you take PNG or SVG? Or, excessive processing might slow down the download.

Initially I did everything myself, adding a background image and some text at the beginning. With the addition of sound, there were much more problems, synchronization didn’t work and, apparently, therefore, everything slowed down. Then processed it in movavi and problems with sound and playback were resolved. Perhaps due to more advanced editing functions and normal synchronization work.

Great resourse!

Perhaps the fact is that this video clip does not have the file type on which device you are watching it? I would like to advise you to use the movavi video converter Movavi Video Converter – Convert Media Files for Free . Perhaps it will help)

Does anyone know what video format, RHI and method you take to have your video play in widget? I have a green screen video and remove the green part with chroma key and set material of media texture (material instance) to an image inside widget, make media player variable and open the source and tried a millions times but my video keeps playing white without sound :confused: I tried webm mp4 mov formats and all RHIs but nothing seem to work any way around