Fractured Reality Studios is searching for a Visual Effects(FX) Artist/Tech Artist to help with our horror turn-based RPG in VR! This is a full time, paid position. We do not have a website set up yet, we are aiming to have it up in the next few days.
A little about the game:
A new marriage of horror and JRPG elements, culminating in an immersive and thoughtfully crafted VR experience that will test your courage and grip your heart. Using locomotion controls, you play as a boy in a wheelchair who must command and empower his friends as they fight through monsters and psychological horrors in this coming of age story as they quest to uncover the truth behind the town’s deadly and violent mutations. You will traverse through multiple dungeons, solve puzzles in order to acquire powerful items, and build deep relationships that will aid you in your journey. In combat, you are the protected king in a group of pawns, directing your friends’ actions in a turn based style, while simultaneously providing support through your wide arsenal of hand crafted chemical bombs and reviving capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and triage artist issues with tools and art creation workflow
- Work with dev and tools teams to prioritize and develop tools / scripts / plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines
- Author shaders and maintain stability and performance of material library
- Prototype new techniques to facilitate more efficient content production
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability
- Portfolio required
- 2-4 main game titles shipped
- Computer programming / scripting experience
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max preferred
- Understanding of 3D graphics principles and procedures
- Experience with next-generation content creation techniques
- Experience with C++ (not as a scripting language but a compiled language)
- Someone with animation/ rigging experience would be ideal
- Experience with shader creation, both using a visual shader graph or writing the straight HLSL code
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines and multitask
- Ability to grasp problems quickly and find fixes for issues
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred
Please send portfolios, resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org!