VFX Fire Pack V2 from Gentleman Fred FX

Hey all,
I’m about to submit version 2 of the fire pack. Its got variations and blueprints for the effects from version 1.

There are 2 sets of blueprints, the _light blueprints, and the BP_ENV blueprints.

_light blueprints: Some feedback I’ve gotten for the fire effects are lack of controls for lights. The BP_(name of the effect)_light effects are blueprints with the lights removed from the emitters (cheaper) and replaced with a point light and a light function for flicker (more control). I’ve added a set of controls for the light so you can move change it to your needs. If an effect has some kind of behavior (like the fire jets) the blueprint will have variables for its time.

BP_Light_Max settings.JPG

if the effects ***don’t ***have behaviors they will not have the Particle Behavior Settings option in the blueprint.

**BP_ENV: **I wanted make it easier to change the whole set of fire for different scenarios (Magic fire or I want white smoke instead of black etc) So I created the ENV effects to make it easy to change all of the visuals of the fire and smoke. There are also controls for the lights as well. As before if the effect has some kind of behavior the blueprint will have variables for it.

BP_ENV_Settings.JPG

Light Settings
Light Fire Color: Changes the color of the light and the fire particles with a color picker.
Light Intensity: Changes the brightness of the light.
Light Radius: Changes the size if the point light.
Cast Shadows: Toggles shadows on or off.
Point light Loc: This changes the location of the point light. I’ve enabled the 3d widget to work, so you can drag it to wherever you need it.

Particle Settings
**Fire Intensity: **Changes the brightness of the fire particles.
Fire Alpha Intensity: Changes the degree of alpha in the particles.
Smoke Color Intensity: Changes the brightness of the Smoke color.
Smoke Color: Changes the color of the smoke with a color picker.
Smoke Alpha Scale: Changes the amount of alpha in the smoke.

Particle Behavior Settings
Drip Delay Min: Minimum amount of time delay between fire jets and drips in seconds.
Drip Delay Max: Maximum amount of time delay between fire jets and drips in seconds.
**Drip Time Min: **Minimum amount of time the fire drip or jet plays in seconds.
Drip Time Max: Maximum amount of time the fire drip or jet plays in seconds.

if the effects ***don’t ***have behaviors they will not have the Particle Behavior Settings option in the blueprint.

Here are some of the variations you can get from the blueprint settings.

I’ll be submitting this as soon as I get the video edited for it. If you’ve purchased the fire pack already this will be a free update.

I’ll post a link to the video as soon as I get it done.

More to come!

Fred

Here’s a link to a video with the new features of the VFX Fire Pack version 2

https://youtu.be/uhwAPEltnWg

Fire pack version 2 is now live!

Release 2: 9/13/2015
This release provides more control via blueprint for the fire effects.

Blueprints:
Inside are a set of Light control blueprints and a new Environmental blueprint connected to all of the above effects. The _light blueprints provide controls for lights while the environmental (ENV) blueprints provide controls for the whole effect set. These blueprints give you more control depending on what you might need for your game.

Technical Details
Blueprints: 24
Materials: 18
Particles: 36
Textures: 14