Very low performance

Hi
I added traffic system ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?82723-FREE-Learning-Resources-by-eXi ) to my project and performance in my game is very low. What could be the reason?
I added spawn actor every 5-15 seconds with the time of life 75 sec .

Blueprint:

You are setting a delay on tick which is blocking.

If you want to spawn something on a schedule, like ever x seconds, off of event begin play use the call function node timer and set it to looping. If you insist on using Tick you need to put a gate that you turn on and off but I don’t think that’s appropriate for what you are trying to do.

Hi ,

as mikepurvis said , that’s exactly what i was thinking about … you are asking to the delay node to choose a delay every tick … so it’s blocking here … and it’ will do the same thing even if the delay value was constant so yeah as suggested use "call function by time event " (the name is similar to this ) and it should work perfectly fine :slight_smile:

if you need a demo screen on how to use it just ask and i’ll post it one here :wink:

King_elvira - “if you need a demo screen on how to use it just ask and i’ll post it one here” - I will be grateful

BIG THANKS! :slight_smile:

Here is for you !

Solution 1 :

Solution 2 :

Hope That help !!