Very low FPS

Hi @AJ_Graphix, Still have the GTX1050 2 GB graphics card I just tried the Epic Marketplace example Sun Temple

Well, I turned on Lumin and restarted the editor which meant compiling shadow maps, but it worked.
I get 48FPS with Lumin turned on now, looking at Win Task Manager for GPU, it’s running at 100% utilisation flooded? obviously in need of a faster GPU.

When I got into Project Settings and change the “Shadow Map Method” from shadow maps to “Virtual Shadow Maps (beta)” the FPS drops to 32 to 41 depending on what part of the maps you are in the lag is considerable.

When you have the “Virtual Shadow Maps (beta)” method you can enable Nanite and that’s when FPS falls to 20 to 30 FPS the GPU is just overloaded and the response is sluggish.

When you enable in Rendering → “Virtual Texture Streaming”, the Shaders are Compiled again and I now get 5.8 to 6.2 FPS, but the word “Preview” is showing across the Static Meshes??

Without the use of “Virtual Shadow Maps (beta)” there are gaps where Nanite enabled Static Mesh items don’t meet the Statue in the middle does not meet the floor, you can see light shining through the base.

2 Likes