Vertex Painting on Landscape

So I have a screenshot here of my blueprint set up, I know its a lot and hard to see but it is the same set up that Quixel used for their UE4 Forest video. When I go over to Vertex Painting and I try to paint different layers on my landscape, nothing is coming up, not even the brush icon on my landscape. Am I suppose to press a key then paint? or hold down a key to paint? Or perhaps I have the wrong materials and textures in my blueprint? I need help and guide (Btw I am using Quixel materials and textures including displacement, normal and roughness).

I don’t think you can vertex paint the landscape, you have to paint it with the landscape mode brushes…

Create a Forest in UE4 in 1 Hour - YouTube - I got the idea of the blueprint from this video, I made sure the blueprint is set up just like it is shown and when I try to vertex paint like this it doesn’t work for me.

Ok, but the guy in the vid is vertex painting on a mesh, not the landscape.

Are you trying on a mesh or the landscape?..

I’m trying it on a landscape and I understand that he used a mesh, the problem is that Quixel materials and textures won’t work any other way then using vertex coloring. I tried a simple blueprint with Landscape Layer Blends but the whole material either comes out black or crystal clear.

Sorry to not be helpful. I’ll have to bail at that point, as I know nothing about vertex on landscape.

It might be a good idea to repost, and get a fresh start.

No its completely understandable, vertex painting on landscape with its material is extremely rare and I apprentice you trying so ill give it to you.