Vehicles in UE4 , a constructive debate

At least making your priority is fixing wheel collision, I think is JIRA UE-19250 and you are working with nvidia to fix that bug, and to has that issue try cover your wheels to avoid this problem.

So vehicles should be fixed in 4.14 ?

Is anyone working on some BP assets for Marketplace ( 2-, 4-, 6-, 8- and monowheel vehicles, multiplayer ready) ? I’d buy that in a heartbeat :slight_smile:

once 4.14 is in the launcher i’ll have a look and do some testing , tbh not that hopefull but we’ll see what happens

Full, proper support for single track vehicles like motorcycles and bikes. Taht would be an awesome enchancement to UE4.

I really hope 4.14 has 2 wheeled vehicle support! It’s a struggle so far for me with using invisible wheels and pretending to only have 2 wheels on the vehicle.

Aside from the wheels, the biggest problem I ran into was vehicles colliding with players producing horrible results. In short, a 90lb player can easily toss a 10 ton vehicle by simply bumping into it. A player standing on the vehicle crushes it or sends it flying across the map.

Has this been fixed in 4.14?

doesn’t look like it, tbh not many people are using vehicles in UE4, so if you want to find things out you have to do it yourself.

Sorry if its the wrong thread, but does anyone know how to make AI vehicles move into a Spline? I do know that you can do for the human or vehicle players, but not AI.

You can, look at this: [UPDATED 5/16] A.I. Templates - Bot, Car, & +Flying AI - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

And wrong thread indeed.

Well thanks, but the 4.9.1 version of the Car AI link is dead, also even if I asked in the wrong thread, I think it would be very interesting if epic made an tutorial of AI+Spline Path

I would need a boat that a character can step onto and drive in a river or lake.

guys, we all should vote for this issue: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-38710) to let Epic know how important this is for us.
Epic as already delayed the fix from 1.14.1 to 1.15 and given the vehicles and physics history of the engine this issue is more likely to get forgotten than fixed if not voted. It’s a real shame an engine like ue4 to have that embarrasing bug shown here 4.14 Worst physics - World Creation - Unreal Engine Forums. we must not let this pass.

voted , but with the history of vehicle issues with this version of the engine+physx i doubt any thing will be done

it’s a shame as i started this thread with hope !!!

The bug report says that the target fix is 4.14.2, so the UE-38710 should be fixed soon.

I am not professional, but i have trucks with AI in my survival game. Their navigation are roads and u can assault em. They move beetwen some routes. And i dont think they are hard to do, simply u need some logic to move it by the way u want. I did it in blueprints.

Did you read the thread :confused: ? Of course you can have cars in an UE4 game, but the problem is with vehicle physics. Vehicles sometimes launch in the air for no real reason on small bumps, for instance.

Wtf? i readed everything before posting, Zireael07. and i saw people saying that its needed IA Vehicle class (or IA Vehicle controller) then i said i could achieve this without any class or hard coding.

1st. I said AI Cars, (not Cars only), cars possesed by computer with paths and physics, cars by themselves are so easy to achieve in this Engine.

2nd. I have no problems with bumps or things like that, vehicles launch in the air if u hop so much but cause the physics…

3rd. For who needs to know, if ur vehicle launch in the air like crazy, is cause ur root model is not well rotated, so later u will have problems with physics and normals. In Maya change root to -90 0 0, C4d 0 -90 0. That solved me the problems with wheels and jigging, weird moves etc.

I have even a Client Side prediction System (no lag notice when multiplayer driving) and more than 5 vehicles with tires, with no problems.

Could u explain me, Zireael ur problem with vehicles? I could help u.

Bye bye.

Thats my old video haha, you should check the new ones. Another BMW, shorter video, with voice instead of text, and overal much better. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLom3andNXCSLds5LpQ8uD34vyphjythM6

And I’ve Also created a project wich I share for free on the forum, its a physic simulated vehicle using physic constraints, altho it is still WIP, it is very stable and satisfying :slight_smile: here’s the thread : https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?129725-Custom-physic-vehicle-simulation-completed!-Project-download-included&p=628460#post628460