Vehicle wheel rotation angle

Greetings.

I am trying to calculate the change in the rotation angle of a vehicle’s wheel in CARLA when the vehicle is moving forward. For this purpose, I am using the GetRotationAngle() method that the UVehicleWheel provides. For sake of clarity, here is the link for the method I am referring to: [UVehicleWheel::GetRotationAngle][1]

The problem is that the rangle of the value that this method is returning varies from 0 to -1800. The angle then repeats periodically. I am unable to understand what this value is. Why -1800 and most importantly, which units is it referring to (degrees?).

Basiclally, I want to calculate the wheel’s angular velocity. For that, I want to compute the change in the angle of the rotation of the wheel. Pictorially, this is what I am trying to do:

333775-figure-07-01-03a.jpeg.png

Can someone please help me out with this? Any suggesstions, hints would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, I think the value returned from GetRotationAngle() is a angle instead of angle speed. I am also trying to read the wheel speed from CARLA.