Vehicle wheel collision problem

Sure. It’s still in my dropbox so the link still works. Here: Dropbox - Error

Edit: Wait…you want the FBX file and i dont have it anymore unfortunately. :\

Hmm, I know probably it’d be tiresome for you but really it became a keypoint for us :\ If you can remake it with most basic, less exhaustive way for you, I’d be appreciated Jacky. Weird thing is that, when we get some working model from somewhere, import it to Maya and re-export it to Unreal without changes, still could not get a proper working vehicle.

Or could you tell how were your export settings when you exported to Unreal, because shortly before we tried to import a previously working vehicle model to Maya, without any changes export it to fbx and unreal, no collision on wheels. Its really strange. We’ll go crazy about that :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are my export settings:

Closed tabs are irrelevant to this issue so you can consider them at default settings.

I’ll try to remake the FBX but i doubt that it will make a difference. In the meantime you can try to ask about this in the forums(forum is down right now for maintenance but it should be up in half an hour or so) so that Maya users with vehicle experience can help you out.

I fixed it in C4D by rotating and rebinding he joints, if anyone wants that FBX, here it is…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4780157/ProblematicCarC4D.zip

Anadin you are an angel, thank you :slight_smile:

If you guys allow me to post something to make it clear and simple?

i had tons of problems too, i spent many hours on this, and i have many copies of the same car just because of all this

finaly i found out that it is far simpler than i thought,
I used the mannequin for measures.

• All geometry like said, xform before rigging
  • Car_Front pointing to the right
  • All bones pointing to the right
  • make rigging in one chunk (UDK does not seem to like multi parts in skeletal any longer)
  • then do the skin modifier to geometry
    when exporting this it simply worked right of the dock without any prob.

Thanks buddy, that would be useful for devs that face with this issue.

Hi, I have this exact same issue but I have to use Maya. All help is welcomed.

hey guys i have a similar probleme on my car but i can’t fix it :c

this result in unreal :

so i don’t know what to do :confused:

ps : sorry for the bump

If anyone is still wondering, make sure to look for the fix in that thread:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/content-creation/21359-collision-problem-on-vehicle-model-skeleton-importing-from-maya

I need help please, I have the same problem but on blender and not on maya

Plz jacky can you reupload the link.