Vehicle Template: SetSteeringInput ignoring small values from steering wheel while vehicle stands still

Hi,

I’ve created a project using the vehicle template and just changed the input for steering (Offroad Pawn) to read the axis of my steering wheel. This works as expected as long as the vehicle is moving, but when it stands still, the submitted values to the SetSteeringInput node do have no effect, if the values are ‘small’. There are two cases I was testing:

• Update within Event Tick: Using this way the values are very small, so it is not possible to steer at all, even if I turn the steering wheel like crazy.
  • Update with timed event: The higher the tick time is, the easier it gets to see results, but this leads to a stuttering steering behaviour. When I set the timer tick to 0.1s the vehicle is steering when I turn the wheel with a decent speed, but when I turn the wheel slowly, the values again get too small to be processed, I think. I can turn the wheel from and to its extreme positions slowly without any change in game. Giving it a decent push afterwards leads to a sudden correction in game.

As I said, this only happens while the vehicle stands still. Am I doing something wrong here? How could that be solved?

Sorry if this is a bit misleading. By saying ‘small’ values I mean the delta between the values of two calls.

Just tested the template in 5.3 P1: The problem seems to be solved, so waiting for 5.3 to be released.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.