'Vehicle Pawn' won't kill it's inputs when exited

Hey guys!

So, I have a vehicle pawn that works awesome!
I even have a character that can enter and exit the vehicle, but if you hold the drive forward input when your in the vehicle and then exit the vehicle when your holding the drive froward input, the vehicle continues its drive forward input when exited.

In this image you can see I have tried to kill the throttle when the vehicle is unpossessed but it doesn’t work.

So how would I fix this problem? :confused:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I have also used a event unpossessed that triggers the set throttle input to 0.0 when exit the vehicle and it still does it.

Anyone know?

You may want to post screenies of your blueprint set up as I don’t think anyone’s too sure of how your pawn is set up.

Sounds like a good Idea I’ll do that! Thanks for the suggestion!

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please don’t be afraid to shout them out!

Thanks!

I have a feeling this has something to do with your input to drive the vehicle forward. Maybe try adding something that disables drive forward input when exited instead of killing the throttle? Tough to say with a screenie of your stop function.

I have even tried using a branch node with a Boolean that is triggered when you are in the vehicle and then detrigers when you are out of it. And the true is connected to the throttle input but it doesn’t let the branch work when I exit the vehicle. It’s a very weird

It’s a very weird problem*

Do you happen to figure out how to stop this? I added a Stop Motion Immediately node from the VehicleMovement component but no luck, The problem is the actual Input to accelerate keeps being active when leaving the vehicle.