Vehicle in Sequencer doesn't appear in Movie Render export

Hello, so I’ve got an issue with a sequence that won’t export a vehicle with it.

I’ve used Take Recorder to record a humvee driving through a scene.
I took that shot and added it to my other sequence where I’ve keyframed other elements. Seems good, vehicle does what vehicle is supposed to do, all other elements working, great.
I go to export, but it wont export the vehicle with the rest of the actors in the scene

This is what it looks like in the editor, a large Humvee passing through frame:

I took the take from the take recorder and dropped it in, so not sure why its not showing up. Is this not the correct way to get the animation into the shot I was working on?

Where is that option? I don’t see Bounds Scale anywhere in the details panel…

OK I found the setting for the vehicles mesh within the Shot sequence, but changing it has not made it visible still during the export…

Am I using the correct method for bringing a take recorded object into a sequence? I’m not utilizing the camera from that recording, and it seems to play normally in sequencer

IN the end I just copied over the transforms from the vehicle mesh inside the Shot from Take Recorder and pasted them onto a new SM of the vehicle i added to Sequencer. Even with the vehicle anim from that take added though, the wheels dont turn in the playback now, but at least when I export the video the vehicle is there.
Some clearer guidance on this workflow would be helpful in the documentation.

Still having issues with Take Recordings not rendering out in Movie Queue properly. The vehicle that I drive in the Take is recorded properly, I can see it in playback. all its transforms, all fine. When I open the take and edit it, add camera and other elements, then try and use Movie Render to export the video, the vehicle does not appear. But everything else seems fine.

1 Like

Does anyone have time to help figure this out?

1 Like

I did a test with the third person bp character and take recorder. I was able to put the recorded take in sequencer and render it out with a cinecamera with movie render queue.
However, the same procedure with a recorded bp_vehicle does not create the same result.
When I record the vehicle driving with take recorder, the saved take plays fine in sequencer. However when I render it out, the vehicle doesn’t move from its spot. The wheels do animate as if it were driving, but it never actually drives.
I tried this with multiple vehicles with similar standard bp setups for vehicles. Am I to assume this is a bug with unreal engine and movie render queue?

Did you figure this out?

Yeah I did, rather someone else found the solution,

It’s up on the forum

1 Like

I don’t know if this still helps, but if you uncheck “Simulate Physics” I believe it should work

1 Like