Vehicle falls through landscape - Appeared suddenly - Dev-halting issue - Please help

Our vehicle now falls through the terrain no matter where it is. To be more specific, it hitches briefly on the terrain as if it were breaking through a pane of glass, then falls into oblivion.

This seems to have happened while I was adding some landscape road splines and then shaping the terrain around them. That shouldn’t matter though, since I’ve already added a bunch of landscape splines in the level with no issue.

Things I’ve tried:

• deleting all the splines in the level, landscape and blueprint alike. No change
  • duplicating the terrain, deleting the old one
  • using sculpt tool at max size, no falloff and power of 0.00001 and going over the whole terrain
  • using the console command for rebuilding landscape collision
  • assigning blank materials to both landscape mat slots
  • changing landscape collision to NoCollision, building level, then changing to blockall/dynamic/etc and rebuilding

Note: I have never used the retopology tool

Sure, I can revert back to an older version, but I have to include road splines at some point, or the level is worthless. Who knows when Unreal will decide to dump collision again… the way it happened this time, it started losing collision in small spots then spread. I’d have to constantly test the collision all over the terrain while I work to make sure it’s ok.

I know someone on the Unreal Engine forums created a plugin that seemed to fix collision, but that was a year ago and someone else said it now corrupts projects (would need to be put into the source as well)

This is an issue that is very immediate and could put me way behind schedule, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion Devero, but that means I’d lose all my existing road splines that I’ve placed over the past few weeks. Some of them were not easy to do.

The main thing I need is to preserve the splines or I’m looking at a lot of work re-doing them :confused:

Hi floppy, I had some collision issues with terrain before. I tried similiar steps, but what I finally did was this:

1. Export your terrain out as a HeightMap
  2. Create a Brand New Landscape
  3. Import your HeightMap

You will lose any blend information but it should fix your collision issues.

Hope that helps!

EDIT EDIT: I fixed mine, but not likely, in anyway similar to what others are experiencing,but maybe ?
I’d forgotten completely, to SHIFT-visibility to erase visibility mask I had laid down a while back, even though I had turned opaque on.I assume that was enough to nullify the effect, clearly NOT.

If its in the docs somewhere that you must shift- the effect to remove it,I missed it- and if not it should be added in all caps to remind everyone that opaque or not, until you erase it putting the terrain back in place you’ll have nasty little collision problems right where you drew the original hole LOL

I hope my error at least helped someone else fixed theirs, assuming they were also messing with visibility masks.

ty

Devero answer,ty though, doesn’t work in 4.19.2

Did you have any luck fixing or did you move on in some fashion ?