Vector addition causing opposite result

Hello. I’m trying to discover why when I Vlerp between .5 and -.5 (timeline is from 0 to 1 to 0, looping) the actor actually moves down when the alpha is at 0 and moves up when the alpha is at 1. Also, the actor moves up and down on the z axis by about 20 units (40 total), instead of the .5 and -.5 in the lerp node. Can anyone explain what’s going on here?

489cdd34ad81a797086274add0052dd9f50f1628.jpeg

You’ve got to read a description of the Lerp node: 100% of A when alpha is 0, and 100% of B when alpha is 1.

I’m familiar with what a lerp node does. My question is: Why when alpha is 0 (i.e. the return vector is A—or x=0,y=0,z=0.5) does the actor move down and by more than .5 unreal units.

I just realized I explained it backwards in my initial post, which I edited. Above is the correct description of what’s happening.

Hmm… Do other things move more than they should or it is just this actor?

Hello,
About units : you add world location to location which means for example : tick 1 you add 0.1 to 0 : :0.1. tick 2 you add 0.2 to 0.1 : 0.3 tick 3 you add 0.3 to 0.3. You need to create a variable before the use of timeline and use it to add to your lerp to have a constant location.
About your curve : Is it a 0.0 to 1.1 or a 1.0 to 0.1?

You want to use a Vinterp, not a Lerp

Fen, could you take a look at my question, it might be simlar, my instanced static meshes all spawn 205x and 50z away from where I tell them to: Instances are spawning at an offset location :( - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums(