Vanishing Point (Not the '97 remake!)

It’s great!
I had a question?
How did you do when you rear brakes coming up?

Glad you like it everyone!

@khazande; if you mean the suspensions check my wheel settings here and 's post under it:

https://.unrealengine/showthread.php?3980-Vanishing-Point-(Not-the-97-remake!)&p=71771&viewfull=1#post71771

Thanks for the reply.
I have a question for you, just like how I got the camera out of the car.
Thank you, I’ll help you

Here’s how i set the camera switches:

You just set the rotation and length of the spring arm component for every time you hit they key.

Well, i created an 8k terrain, turned the lighting setup to sunset and it reminded me of…Knight Rider. So i decided to turn my Challenger into KITT for a day over the weekend.

=NcB4YGAF8Zc

Forgive me if ruined the whole coolness of the car for you…i just couldn’t resist the crazy cheesiness. :frowning:

Ruined the coolness? BAH, IT CRANKED IT UP!
That was a nice start to my day :smiley:
Haven’t watched Night Rider since I was like 3.

wow nice
i loove car.

haven’t heard that music in a very long time:p, still looks awesome:)

We are all getting old. :stuck_out_tongue:

How did you make material a car?

It isn’t anything special. 3Vector(color) for diffuse, 0.05 metallic and 0.1 roughness.

How do you make glass material
Can you take a picture of the material editor?

More stuff.

=1iE7B1pDVR4

Now we have a half human half messed up Kowalski who can get in and out of the car(you cant see him driving yet and sometimes he gets out from the trunk or the hood instead of the door so that needs some fixing. ;P) But hey, the radio works! Though dumb thing cant catch the raytrace when i’m speeding for some reason but it can be fixed eventually. Now she also has headlights and you can pick different colours for paint if you are in a more energetic mood. Even a rainbow paint if you are as crazy as ! And yeah, Kowalski can move the sun whenever he wishes. Watch the movie carefully if you didnt know that.
Also I’ll give LPV another go next time. There is some flickering weirdness going on with reflections, which i had thought was caused by LPV in high speed, so we will see.

Btw, i had started with a cinematic sequence in mind but forget it. It is more fun to play around and see where it goes. Wish i had an Oculus though…

very…very…Nice ****

wow. Dope. I love the hands-on-hips pose :smiley:

Also, Chloe Dancer/Crown of thorns, one of my all-time favorite songs, but maybe not quite the right time period, :smiley:

A Question

A Question
How to manually select the material you doing?

I was using UE4 as iTunes while play testing so there are some non-70’s songs as well. :slight_smile:

@khazande;

I’m not swapping materials actually. You just set the car’s material with If nodes like :

And then every sphere you click sets the scalar parameter on the left via a BP interface in those spheres and the car.

WOW! Fantastic work so far ! I love how, if you are wearing headphones, the audio reflects how your head and ears are positioned in the car. The radio is an awesome and, I think, a must have for any car. Keep up the great work!

Glad you like it, Sean! Nobody has mentioned it so far but my car is lacking engine sound. So if anyone out there has a '70(or 71, i’m not so picky ;P) Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Magnum and can record the sound of the engine for me i’ll gladly accept it.(yes, yes, i know i’m just dreaming…)

Another go at LPV with some sort of street generator i’m working on. LPV size bumped up to 75k and it doesnt look bad at all for kind of exterior environment really.

?v=Dw9Qt35Rqe8

It could be even better if DFAO didnt crash on me. :\