Vanishing Point (Not the '97 remake!)

SOOOOO great! love the materials

I like it alot. :smiley:

True, , body roll was one of the tweaks. Now it feels a lot better and i also fixed the i mentioned with suspension values.

=N9tT2RqXCd4

Now there is something else that is bugging me though. If you watch the video you can see at the beginning that when i steer left, the body of the car banks to the left, when i steer right, it banks to the right…which i would expect to be the opposite. It acts like when i hit the breaks as well. Something is up with the center of mass but i dont know why. If anyone knows the solution let me know please!

Looks great well !

nice…

what values did you put in the suspension section of your wheel BP?

Here;

susp.jpg

I tried separate wheel blueprints for each wheel as well but it didnt change anything.

set the “suspension force offset” to a minus number and it should fix it :).

Hah! So simple… I feel ashamed for not thinking of negative value for that one. :\ lol

Thanks a lot, . :slight_smile: Now my brain can stop saying something is wrong with car every time i drive it!

your welcome:D

I got two quick questions for you.

1: where did you put your root bone, at ground level or at the cars chasis level?

2: did you use a unique UV or an overlapping UV?

Root is at ground level, just like the sedan in vehicle template.
And UV’s…there are a ton of overlapping UV’s but not in a messed up way that prevents me from texturing.

Btw, i got the steering wheel and the rpm and mph gauges working. :slight_smile: Now it’s time for the pistol shifter, then i need to tweak the gears a bit more.

I know why! Your center of mass is too low. Likely lower than the ground if you authored your car with the wheels on the ground in /Maya. Somewhere there’s a COM offset. Raise that up to be more in the middle of the vehicle and you should see that reverse.

update:I just saw 's post. You may want to try if you’re getting unrealistic behavior still.

BTW, looks awesome. Vehicles in UE4 are SO much nicer looking than UE3. I struggled and struggled to get a realistic car in UDK, but finally settle don a unrealistic tank because ANY drift became unmanageable. I really want to get a car in, but haven’t the time! Arg! :smiley:

thanks, that just helped me figure out what was wrong with the model I used in a project from the beta.

oh nice, now i really cant wait to see your next vid:D

Thanks for the tips, ! I wasn’t sure whether it took center of mass information from the root bone or Phat so it was a bit confusing to me. But 's suggestion fixed it.

Here is the next video;

?v=qauaFPYJBQw

Sorry about the video quality so far, but 720p is the best i can do with my gfx for now. :\

Oh, i turned LPV off since i made the car drivable, btw. LPV’s volume transitions become quite obvious when you move too fast so i’m back at normal dynamic light and a skylight.

that interior is DOPE! And, the color grading is classic 70’s action movie. I love it. But, the video is listed as private. :frowning:

video ???

Sorry! It’s public now. :slight_smile:

now thats more like it, awesome work , loving the dials:D

Once again, great job !

looks so good! =)