Valve Index Controller fingers

Hi,

a while ago i started working with the valve index controllers and struggle to find out how to get the curl of the individual fingers. Im currently controlling my hand animations in a state machine, but the only inputs i can acces is the general grip state of the overall hand, e.g. when grabbing an object, but not the fingers seperately.
Is there something im missing in my inputs setup, or how can i access the curl state of the individual fingers?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

With the plugin OpenXRHandTracking enabled, you can use the function getMotionControllerData. In there is a quaternion array of the rotations containing each individual fingers. It is a bit of a hassle figuring out the actual curl values from these (apparently world space) rotations, but if i figure out how to convert these values i will try to remember posting the code in here.

In order to get the local rotation use the inverse transform rotation node, or alternatively use the skeletal mesh of the knuckle, get the joint you need ( finger_index_0_l ) with the Get Socket Transform node, break the rotator and use X, then clamp the value.