I just want to share my current WIP project: it’s a plugin called **VaFogOfWar **which implements fast and optimized fog of war solution for topdown games like Dota or StarCraft.
Few WIP videos are available here: http://bit.ly/VaFogOfWar-Docs
It works nice on mobile devices also:
Plugin planned to be released in two editions:
- free “community” version (which is already available) on Github. Just core C++ code to handle the fog, but no demo content and usage examples.
- paid marketplace version: same as community version + demo content and extended usage example with preconfigured post process.
- Three types of layers: current visibility, global visibility (permanent from black), terrain
- Eight height levels are supported
- Dynamic and static obstacles
- Initial terrain levels can be set with heightmap
If you have any additional ideas or feature requests, please fell free to comment