Vacuum Cleaner Weapon Effect

Hello! I hope you guys understand what I mean and help me =)

I want to create an effect as a Vacuum Cleaner when im pressing the left mouse button.
The effect can be seen in this game for example: ADORABLE LITTLE POOPS!! | Slime Rancher | Part 1 - YouTube (mute your sound first =P)

I have an weapon and spheres, I wish to make the weapon suck the spheres, almost the same way its done in the video.

My initial idea was to make a cone overlay like this:

76306-weapon.png

to be the range of the weapon and where this force is applied and a cube to destroy the spheres when they are close to the weapon(I don`t know an easy way to do that).

The Weapon EventGraph atm is like this(where i made the Cone):

I can destroy the spheres when they enter on the cube, but the effect on the spheres made by the weaponbp doesnt seem right. The cone just throw some spheres away and sometimes pull one sphere or 2 to the cube inside. I guess im applying the radial effect with wrong values or I didnt understand how radial force in a cone is applied.

Another question, I created a left mouse button pressed variable(boolean) and I need to check an boolean value in FirstPersonBP in WeaponBP but when I set this variable to public and use it at WeaponBP(it is in FPBP initially) it asks for a target(blue node) what should I put on that?

And finally, how can i stop an sphere from moving: I guess if I stop it, before the weapon suck the movement would be a lot more uniform(my spheres has physics on).

Thanks for your help and sorry about my english. =)

Did you ever figure this out?

Did you ever figure this out? I’m working on a similar project and i’m completely stuck how how to proceed.

So guys I’m sorry to be late on the answers, I didn’t got the email from the first question or I skipped it without notice.

The basic idea is to shutdown the spheres or something you want to pull physics and then and restart physics right before you apply the force at the spheres, the idea is to control easier the spheres with that.

After that we apply a force with Cone like before but the position adjustment is necessary to make the effects look good.

Here comes the blueprints:

The first image is the Weapon click to pull the spheres where it calls the function ApplyPhysics?

After that this is the ApplyPhysics? function, where you shut down the spheres physics and apply force on it after restarting the physics to make the gravity forces weaker.

In this function I have the cone which applies the force and the first square is where the spheres are killed and absorved.

Hope that helps guys!

Here is the trailer of the game we made, it was our first experience with Unreal.

We used many ready elements but everything in the game except some 3d we made, just the scenario we got it ready because we couldn’t produce all that material in the time we had.

Thanks, hope that helps!