UT not working with NVIDIA Optimus

Hello,

as suggested here: Epic Games Launcher not working with NVIDIA Optimus - Feedback & Requests - Epic Developer Community Forums

I now post this bug in the third forum.

I will just copy my text from here: Unreal Tournament Forum Downtime

The launcher is working now for me, when I add “-OpenGL” as parameter to the launcher. The problem is, that I can’t play UnrealTournament 4 on my nvidia graphic card (I’m using a notebook with two graphic cards (Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M [notebook: P34G from Gigabyte]) with latest 350.12 NVIDIA drivers). To make it work, I have to switch to my first graphic card “Intel Integrated Graphics” which is not very powerful.

Is there any solution for this problem, so I can play UT on my nvidia card?

One interesting fact about this problem:

I have two displays (laptop display + external connected via HDMI). On the second display I have the task manager running. Now, when I start the game by clicking “Launch” from the launcher, it starts on the first display. When I immediately click on the task manager (make the task-manager window as active window), the main menu shows up on the first display.

As soon as I activate the unrealtournament window, it’s getting completly black and nothing is shown. The process crashes.

And this is what it looks like:

And here is the UT logfile: http://pastebin.com/2DG1sdSJ

Have you tried verifying your UT build? Go to the launcher and press the dropdown menu on Play>Launch, then select the verify option. Additionally, do you have your permissions set up to allow UT Game and UT Editor past your firewall?

I’ve just verified the build and disabled my firewall completly. Still the same issue. Not working on nvidia card, only on integrated intel. :frowning:

Can you post your full DXdiag so we can take a look? It can be found by typing in Dxdiag in the start menu searchbar, then save the file produced by dxdiag.exe as a .txt file. You have already posted your video card and drivers so it is the rest of the hardware information that I need.

Additionally, do you have any other programs running at the same time? What are the specific amount of RAM and GPU that Unreal Tournament are taking up when you start it up? Does it jump any after opening?

dxdiag

dxdiag is attached.

I have some programs open during starting the game, but I have also tried to start it, after a normale of the system without any open programs and still the same error.

During startup and until UT crashes, it’s using ~240 MB RAM. Total RAM in use is ~3 GB and 5 GB are not in use (total RAM is 8 GB on my laptop). It goes up from zero to 270 MB and shortly after it goes down to 240 MB and stays there until it crashes.

I noticed, that when I add this line:

FullscreenMode=2

in the file “C:\Users-Username-\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini” the game is running in window mode and it’s working on the nvidia card. Everything is okay (except that it is in window mode).

When I switch to fullscreen mode, only a blackscreen occurs and the game crashes.

I was able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UT-970 to be assessed by the development staff.