USoundNodeOscillator and USoundNodeModulatorContinuous compile, but won't LINK

I’m currently trying to dynamically generate a SoundCue. Pretty much all USoundNodes work when I enable the AudioEditor and Engine module in my Build.cs, but whenever I try to use USoundNodeOscillator or USoundNodeModulatorContinuous the linking process fails.

I eventually narrowed the actual cause down the use of the generated “StaticClass”. If I do the following anywhere in my code:

const auto Test1 = USoundNodeModulatorContinuous::StaticClass();
const auto Test2 = USoundNodeOscillator::StaticClass();

The code will compile, but not link.

If I replace these two call with for example an USoundNodeConcatenator and USoundNodeDistanceCrossFade then the compilation and linking proceeds as expected.

Initially I suspected that these two particular nodes might use external dependencies, requiring me to include more modules. But upon trying a whole bunch of them on a gamble, I simply cannot ge them to work.

To me this looks like a bug in the Engine source.

Could anyone confirm?

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass * __cdecl USoundNodeModulatorContinuous::GetPrivateStaticClass(void)" (?GetPrivateStaticClass@USoundNodeModulatorContinuous@@CAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl CreateSoundCueNodes(class MySoundCue *,class USoundCue *)" (?CreateSoundCueNodes@@YAXPEAVMySoundCue@@PEAVUSoundCue@@@Z)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class UClass * __cdecl USoundNodeOscillator::GetPrivateStaticClass(void)" (?GetPrivateStaticClass@USoundNodeOscillator@@CAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl CreateSoundCueNodes(class MySoundCue *,class USoundCue *)" (?CreateSoundCueNodes@@YAXPEAVMySoundCue@@PEAVUSoundCue@@@Z)

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks

@ Done :slight_smile: