Using Ue4 to make Crypto Art and Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs)?

Is anybody doing this? Is it possible? Not for games, for Interactive experiences?

For example, I created a Virtual Art Gallery last year, link to video - Central Gallery: Interactive Walkthrough - YouTube

Could I turn that into an NFT and sell it on a site like Rarible or Oceansea? If so, anybody know the best way to do this? Would I just package the scene inside Ue4 so it’s a standalone program and then if someone wanted to buy it they have that file?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

Hey Graeme,

I’m looking into doing the same.
The whole NFT thing is a minefield of sorts.

Currently, with:
SuperRare: Signed up, however, they are only allowing selected artists aboard for the time being. Full site launch will be next year, 2022.
OpenSea: Signed up and created collection (artwork for the time being, UE4 designs to come later). There’s a lot of coding to do to apply NFT to artwork here, so it’s in progress, though slow.
Rarible: Signed up and minted 2 artworks; process was easier than above, i.e., no coding, though cost a few more dollars than expected.

Yet to sign up with NiftyGateway and makersplace.

How are you getting on with the process?

All the best,

Smudgy

P.S. Please check out: Etherlinker in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace (only just found this =])

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’m actually using Mintable, have a look, there are no gas fees until you sell your art -

Gas fees suck — mint NFTs without a transaction on Mintable! | by Zach of Mintable.app —A Next Gen NFT Marketplace | Medium

I have one of my animated Short films on there, haven’t sold anything yet, but it’s a really exciting space for artists.

What are you creating in Ue4 for NFTs? What is your process? Is it a standalone application the buyer can download or ?

Check out my Short Film I have on Mintable using UE4 to create - Mintable.app

Hello! I am also interested in these questions, if you found the answers, please write to me!

@smudgy67 ive been trying to figure out etherlinker but it seems pretty laborous and you need to understand smart contracts and such but definitely a place to start. theres also Enjin coin https://enjin.io/ thats building games with full marketplaces and exchanges that work within your game.

[USER=“588192”]Graeme VR[/USER] yeah there’s a few platforms like bitski https://www.bitski.com/ that allows you to attach actual files to the nft that unlock when a buyer purchases.

my instagram is @poormarty](Login • Instagram)id absolutely love to keep up with you guys !!

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I will definitely update if and when I learn more about best procedures and workflow.

Posting so I can follow this thread.

Ideally we can make a 3d space in Unreal and mint it as an NFT, and give the NFT some dynamic variables (Chainlink weather feeds maybe? IDK.)

Any headway in this area? It seems like the plugins are for Ethereum, which would probably work the other way around, seeing NFTs in an Unreal Space. Then there’s Ultra (uos) which wants to make game sales NFTs eventually.

Anyone have a lead as to how we can carve out a chunk of our 3d space into an NFT?

Any updates here?

I have created an NFT project of 10000 pizza cats and would like to convert it into a game using Unreal. I there any tutorials or other links?

pizza cat gif

https://opensea.io/collection/pizzacats

Hi, I created a nft marketplace with almost no cost to mint your own nft. my site is is just growing. Some new features are under development, but the nft marketplace is workable. I use CELO network, and the buyer can pay with crypto at checkout. Welcome to use it. I await your feedback.

If you’d like you can check out how I am promoting my Unreal Engine environment work on OpenSea. I have no idea whether it’ll attract attention either but I figure more hard work and time is put into creating an environment in UE than a simple C4D Render. https://opensea.io/collection/unrealenvironment-collection

1 Like

Greetings @Glieseboy !

We see that this is your first time posting! :medal_sports: Welcome to the Unreal Engine Community! We are so stoked to have you join us!

I went to the link you provided and checked out the environments you created with the Unreal Engine. Your work is breathtakingly gorgeous! Call me an NFT noob. Nevertheless, I wish you much success with your endeavors to sell your creative NFTs. Thank you for sharing your link and for being an important part of the Unreal Engine Community!

I am here for any updates

hello, how are you, so if it is possible to use metahuman and unreal engine to create NFTs to sell them?
I don’t want to do something illegal.
Thank you.