Using Tincan API or Scorm/ ScormCloud with Unreal

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with connecting their UE4 games to a Scorm Cloud LRS using the Tincan API (xAPI). This is something I am really looking into doing with our game to collect learning data. So far the Tincan/Scorm documentation has been of very little use with sending statements to my LRS from Unreal. Been using the VArest plugin to generate Json objects in blueprint but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten on my own.

This may really be more suited as a Scorm forum question but just wanted to throw it out here in case anyone has done anything like this yet and could shed some light.

Thanks

I’m not aware of anybody doing this in Unreal, but it has been done in Minecraft before! This sounds like a really interesting project.

What you need to be able to do is make HTTP requests from within unreal engine. There are a number of code libraries at http://tincanapi.com/libraries/ but none for C++ as yet. Perhaps the C# library would provide a good reference?

This question on Stack Overflow may also be helpful.

This may be something of interest to you. The ADL (body in charge of the xAPI standard) has an experimental C++ library for adding xAPI support to UE4.

I have not used this and it is marked as experimental, so your milage may vary, but it might be helpful.

There are many libraries for xAPI but my experience is with TinCanPHP.

I use Learning Locker as the LRS and through the VaRest and HTTP requests plugin you can set variables from within UE4 and then POST the xAPI statement.

I chose PHP library because I have several existing mySQL dbs with user info stored. A simple GET request grabs those values and sets them as UE4 variables. Then, when you POST the xAPI statement you can use the UE4 variables as part of the POST data in the PHP file.

I’m looking into doing this myself and its proving a mine field, is there any blueprints you still have knocking about that might be useful to point me in the right direction?

Hi,
Do you have any info on how this was done in Minecraft? I haven’t been able to find any examples or anything concrete about how this was done.
Thanks

Hi,
I’m having this crazy idea to create UE4 (HTML5) interactive “lessons” in the Ilias CMS. I am urgently in need of another way to create content since Flash was so shamefully banned. Therefore I would need/want to connect to the students database with SCORM to store results and progression.
Just now I stumbled upon this (old) post and wondered if someone in the meantime has found a solution for this “challenge”?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers!