Using the Megascans library within UE for references while drawing in a program outside of UE

I would like to use Quixel Bridge to display 3D data using Megascans on the Unreal Engine.
Is it allowed:

1. To draw pictures using other illustration software in the form of a drawing while looking at the Unreal Engine screen
  2. To use images rendered on the Unreal Engine as backgrounds for cartoons
  3. To make financial profit from those drawings or cartoons

I have read Unreal Engine UERA and on the 2nd Section there is the below sentences.

"a. Royalty-Free Distribution
As described in this Section 3(a), you may Distribute certain Products to certain persons or entities without any obligation to pay us royalties, even if you are monetizing that Distribution.

i. Non-Engine Products (e.g., Rendered Video Files)
You will not owe us any royalty payments for Distributing Products that (i) do not include any Engine Code, (ii) do not require any Engine Code to run and (iii) do not include Starter Content in source format (“Non-Engine Products”) to any person or entity.

This means, for example, you will not owe us royalties for Distributing:
â—Ź rendered video files (e.g., broadcast or streamed video files, cartoons, movies, or images) created using the Engine Code (even if the video files include Starter Content)"

So I thought I can say the things I would like to do is allowed, but I was not sure if it is also ok when using the megascans.

Is it allowed to use the Megascans library within Unreal Engine for references while drawing in a program outside of Unreal Engine?

1 Like

Greetings @user_0e6bef4e651d90 !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Just so you’re aware, this topic has been moved from the International forum category to the Development - Pipeline & Plugins forum category. I added the optional tag “Megascans” for you.

Just remember, when posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Wishing you the best in getting a discussion started,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator :smiley: