Using ''Set Start Position'' for Spline Mesh as world location

Can you not just set the world location of the spline mesh to the world location of the mesh, and then expand from there?

Hi!

I have a spline mesh where I want the start position to always be at the same location as a static mesh. The problem is that the Start Position on a spline mesh is always local. There doesn’t seem a way to simply set the start position to a world location (which would be the same as the static mesh for what I’m trying to do).

Is there some kind of manipulation I could do to convert the world location of the static mesh to the right vector location to input into ‘‘Set Start Position’’ of the Spline Mesh, so that it always follows the world location of the static mesh?

Thanks!

Sadly not for what I’m looking for, I want one end of the spline mesh to always be stable on screen (so it’s inside the first person BP, parented to the camera), and the other end to always follow a specific spot on the character model.

I found the solution! For those interested, here’s how I did it! The spline mesh is self-explanatory, and the ‘‘Projection reference’’ is the actor, which I wanted the start position to follow. alt text