Using "Set Play Rate" node to change Timeline duration at runtime.

Hi!

I’m using a timeline to control some in-game events. I’d like to expose a variable that would allow me to manipulate that timeline so I can apply the same template to multiple actors. The only solution I can see would be to use the “Set Play Rate” node, but that node doesn’t seem to effect anything. Here’s the current setup:

“Bat Flight” is the name of the Timeline. I’ve got “Timeline Rate” exposed on the actor. No matter what float I put in “Timeline Rate” the timeline plays at the same speed and duration.

Any tips?

I am wondering about how to use the set play rate, on the timeline.

Very strange - I use Set Play Rate all the time and it works. A playrate of 1 (100%) will play the timeline based on the time in the curve. A playrate of 2 will half the time (200% speed). What floats are you setting for you timeline?

Have you tried setting the Playrate and then simply calling an event that plays the Timeline (instead of the Play node)?

2 Likes

After some fiddling around I made it work, just as the screenshot shows.

Maybe some explanation for others that have the same problem?

In case anyone else lands here like I did. I had the same problem and fixed it by placing a “Delay Until Next Tick” node after I set the play rate.

1 Like

this may be silly question, but my blueprint knowledge is patchy, how do you get the timeline reference you plug into the target of the set play rate node?

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-05-12 070128
The timeline reference should be in variables under components

2 Likes