Using Niagara Particle System w/ Ribbon Renderer

I’m really new to using the Niagara Particle System and still somewhat of a novice to Unreal overall. Here’s what I’ve done/I’m trying to do:

• Create some kind of Niagara Particle System that looks like lightning (done using ribbon renderer, somewhat successfully)
  • Use that Niagara System in a Widget using the Niagara System Widget Plugin (sort of works?)
  • Update the endpoints/move and rotate the lightning around the screen based off of some other widget movements

So, I’m currently stuck at step #2. The largest issue I’m having is having the lightning even show up in the widget designer. I’ve figured out that if I set the Emitter to not be in local space, it spawns as I expect it to in the center of the screen, but none of the actually lightning movement effects play (i.e. it’s just a straight line). If I set it to be in local space, the effect works properly, but it spawns fully off-screen…

I suppose what I want to do is to override the initial position mode of the particles to be in world space, but to keep everything else in local space after that…Alternatively, I’d prefer to get the emitter out of local space but to still have the effects play.

Does anyone have any other ideas/solutions? Any help or pointers would be really appreciated.