My anim blue print has idle/run, jump, crouch and prone states. What is the best method to use a montage to blend between the states (Ex. Standing to prone) while allowing the anim blueprint to transition to the correct state?
- My character is walking and currently in the idle/run state in the anim blueprint.
- The prone key is pressed.
- Begin the “transitional” montage.
- Set a variable in the anim blueprint that causes the transition from idle/run to prone.
- The anim blueprint transitions from idle/run to prone.
The problem is when do I trigger the transition. Does anyone have any recommendations/insight?
Tried method 1: Using the steps above, even though the montage is triggered first, there is still a “jerk” as the anim blueprint transitioned while the montage was starting.
Tried method 2: Changing the order a little, place steps 4 and 5 in the OnMontageEnded event of the montage. There is now a jerk after the “transitional” montage completes.
Tried method 3: Anim notifies. This worked. However, gameplay is now dependent upon notifies that may not fire if the montage is interrupted.