I’ve package my game. And giving it to a friend. We were able to connect to each other over the steam network using the ini setup with the 480 Steam test app ID and a LISTEN server.
When visualizing each other the server moves perfectly smooth and there’s no lag or stuttering from the client perspective, but from the server’s perspective any client that is connected stutters and shakes violently along its path that supposed to be replicated on. When testing on the LAN listen server, not on a public connection the problem doesn’t exist amongst any client or server, everything works fine.
Any ideas on how to rectify this?
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
If you would like to provide the project, you could do so by zipping it down and sending a link to drop box or google drive. If you would like to do this privately you could do so by sending me a private message on the forums. Please note that if you choose to send the project I will still need the steps to reproduce this issue in the project provided.
I will be able to provide screens shots of how I replicate all of my movements over the network, and a video of what I’m experiencing when I connect. I’m very new to networking so reproduction may be difficult for me as I spent the part of weeks trying to rig the game I have to work over steams subsystem. I’m not home at the moment but in a few hours when I am, I will upload the screenshots and video thanks .
Also I manage to resolve the issue that the Multiplayer Shootout example had where you could not return to the main menu after having launched the game from it originally. I may just send you the whole project if you would like but I’d rather not post it publicly. Privately to you though if u have an email or something.
Ok perfect I’ll do that soon. Thanks
We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.
I’m sorry for not responding i have been trying a lot of solutions the past few days. The issue is now partially resolved. This game and the character pawns movement is physics based so things seemed to be becoming desynced over the network replication. Ive made it now so that the client movement is crystal clear and fine from the client and servers perspective but, the servers movement, FROM THE CLIENT perspective is now updating at random intervals, teleporting the server around the map on the clients screen…
I’ve sent you a private message on the forums .
After taking a look at your project and doing some digging I was able to find that this is a known issue (UE-3364) and that it has been submitted to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.
Make it a great day
Doesn’t really seem resolved… anyone who Google this and see a resolved answer is going to be sadly let down
Physics and replication a not working at the moment… quite annoying.
I went ahead and double checked on the issue above. This issue’s status has not been updated to fixed as of yet. However, I will be sure to bump up the community interest for this issue.
Make it a great day