Using integrated GPU with a dedicated GPU?

In short, no it will not give it a facelift.

980ti is still a pretty capable GPU. You may see a major performance boost by just upgrading CPU & RAM, though.

Hi,

As we’re all painfully aware of, graphics cards are hard to come by nowadays. My plan going forward was to wait out the shortage and even hoping that it would coincide with the release of UE5, and then upgrade my rig. But the other day I got to thinking:

What if I upgrade everything else in my system; DDR3 to DDR4, CPU with more than 4 cores from this side of the decade, etc. and leave my 980Ti to run a little longer. That alone would probably help out a lot, and I’ll probably end up doing this anyway. But my question then turned to CPUs with integrated graphics. There doesn’t seem to be much information about this - or I just couldn’t find it, in that case, sorry.

Would my 980Ti be able to cooperate with the new, flashing and dashing iGPU and in that way get a temporary facelift, or is there no point in this and I should rather go for the (slightly) cheaper CPU without graphics?

In advance,
thank you