Using .cpp code from plugins in main project?

Hey, all. Trying to use a .h file from the Wwise plugin in my regular codebase. When I built this back in 4.14, I used this handy guide from Rama to do it: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin…n_Your_Project. Worked great!

Recently, I migrated the project to a new machine and updated to 4.16.3. Immediately, upon attempting to compile, I was met with a linker error: LNK 1181: Cannot find AkSoundEngine.lib. Tracing the problem, it seems to stem from what I had in my Build.cs file, which was as follows:

using UnrealBuildTool;

public class MyFancyProject : ModuleRules
{

public MyFancyProject(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base (Target)
    {
        //PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "AIModule" });
        PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "AIModule", "AkAudio" });

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string] {  });

PublicIncludePaths.AddRange(new string] { "AkAudio/Public", "AkAudio/Classes" });

// Uncomment if you are using Slate UI
        // PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });

// Uncomment if you are using online features
        // PrivateDependencyModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystem");
        // if ((Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win32) || (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64))
        // {
        //        if (UEBuildConfiguration.bCompileSteamOSS == true)
        //        {
        //            DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystemSteam");
        //        }
        // }
    }
}

Has something changed in 4.16+? I tried to start a fresh project, import the Wwise plugin, and if I attempt to modify the build.cs file in the above way, the same error happens.

Anyone have any ideas? :frowning: Thanks in advance!

Edit: Please ignore me. This had to do with a very poor method of folder naming inside of AkAudio.build.cs, which used GetVisualStudioVersion() in their directory path, making it only compatible with like one particular version of Visual Studio. Thanks to Epic for helping out. = D