Using C++ and Blueprints

Hey guys and girls. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I searched and didn’t really find what I was looking for. I am kind of new to Unreal Engine, and I have UE4.8.2 and I am trying to use C++ and Blueprints in the same project. I was wondering how to go about doing this? Also, How much work is it to use C++ with Blueprints? I seen somewhere that It said I needed to code my C++ scripts to work with blueprints. How would I go about doing this? Thanks!

Well, that is not so much true. Blueprint Scripting exists separate from C++ Programming and you can make a game entirely with C++ which can actually be/get good, but not quite so much of great. There are several places you can learn about C++ as well Unreal & BluePrints. First and foremost, I would like to mention Unreal Engine Website’s Tutorial Section - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums.
Video Tutorials Page - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

You can also visit my other post where I have mentioned several places that you can learn to not only Basics of Unreal, but unravel the secrets and even make a game !

The top best places you can go at are (according to me, as of/for now) Digital Tutors, Lynda and Udemy. But surely check out other ones as well and you can even do a simply Google Search.

Here is/are the link(s) to the post : Sources to Learn More of Computer - C++ - Epic Developer Community Forums OR
Resources to Learn Programming, Computer Graphics & Game Development - C++ - Epic Developer Community Forums

I hope that helps you. Be sure to ask for anymore doubts.

Thanks !

C++ is Not a Must, but rather Important

Well, that is not so much true. Blueprint Scripting exists separate from C++ Programming and you can make a game entirely with C++ which can actually be/get good, but not quite so much of great. There are several places you can learn about C++ as well Unreal & BluePrints. First and foremost, I would like to mention Unreal Engine Website’s Tutorial Section - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums.
Video Tutorials Page - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

You can also visit my other post where I have mentioned several places that you can learn to not only Basics of Unreal, but unravel the secrets and even make a game !

The top best places you can go at are (according to me, as of/for now) Digital Tutors, Lynda and Udemy. But surely check out other ones as well and you can even do a simply Google Search.

Here is/are the link(s) to the post : Sources to Learn More of Computer - Engine Source & GitHub - Unreal Engine Forums OR
Resources to Learn Programming, Computer Graphics & Game Development - C++ Gameplay Programming - Unreal Engine Forums

I hope that helps you. Be sure to ask for anymore doubts.

Thanks !