Using arrays for RPG Skills and Combos

Hello everyone, I am having some confusion and difficulty on solving this array situation. I am basically using arrays to organize a series of skill types that are capable of being combos. So basically the user would be able to select a skill type they want and the skill type has a combo/string of 3 hits. How would I go about it? I have tried implementing 2d arrays in this but I think I am doing something wrong, perhaps I really need 3d arrays? or is there another form to go about this? I left a chart explaining what I am trying to solve, hopefully it is clear enough. Thanks in advance!

It’s not quite clear what you mean, as you may have already limited yourself to shoehorn the idea into an array format. From my understanding so far, you want to be able to match skill levels to anim montages ( or something else )?

You CAN just have a bool array for each skill. And then the level of the skill will be reflected by the number of trues in that array.

If you want something more general, then you can use a dictionary lookup, which can take a string ( skill name and level ) and return an int ( for example ).

You set that up like this:

344520-screenshot-4.jpg

And you can say things like:

344551-screenshot-5.jpg

The problem with that is, the map can contain Spell:1 AND Spell:2 etc.

Any ideas?