Using a source built project on GitHub

I know this is probably something nooby, and i’m missing over something simple i’m sure, but I’ve tried figuring this out for my self for a while with no success.

I’m trying to set up a GitHub repository for a project that’s using a source built engine. I have to use this so that we can have a server built out. I’ve set up a fork from the EpicGames Git for the source build, which is what the other person is using, so that we can absolutely be sure that we’re on the same version of Unreal. However, it looks like there’s still more undelying Unique Identifiers tied to the engine on each computer. So whenver the other person is downloading the project we have from GitHub, it’s saying it’s a different version of unreal, so it has to rebuild a bunch of .dll files and it makes a change of like 80 files that has is changed in Git. I’ve even tried adding all these files individually to .gitignore and this did not resolve the issue.