Using a Custom Movement Mode in Blueprints. Is it possible?

I understand the setup using UpdateCustomMovementTick, switching on the CustomMovement getter, and so on. I set this EventTick up as a test to illustrate my issue. This SetVelocity is supposed to push the player upwards. It works in standard movement modes but not custom. When I set the movement mode to custom (as shown in the BeginPlay), the character doesn’t move. I’m wondering if I am missing some setup step or if I am misunderstanding the use of custom movement modes. Same goes for the standard nodes for movement like AddMovementInput, AddImpulse, AddForce. All of these work fine with the standard modes but as soon as I switch to a custom mode it stops working. The project I am working on is Blueprint only so I am wondering if this is possible without getting into C++.

Were you able to solve this problem? I am having the same issue.

There is an internal update method within the CharacterMovement Component that runs constantly if the movement mode is set to anything other than None or a custom mode. When you set the movement mode to custom it essentially stops the update method from working. You need to manually calculate set velocity as I have, then use that to move the actor position.

There is an internal update method within the CharacterMovement Component that runs constantly if the movement mode is set to anything other than None or a custom mode. When you set the movement mode to custom it essentially stops the update method from working. You need to manually calculate set velocity as I have, then use that to move the actor position.