While working on game projects, I’ve noticed that a lot of time can be spent on small tasks outside the actual Unreal Engine workflow.
Things like calculating percentages, comparing values, checking changes between numbers, converting measurements, or doing quick calculations often come up when working on gameplay systems, UI values, performance metrics, economy/balancing, and project planning.
For larger or repeated tasks, of course, it makes sense to handle everything directly in C++, Blueprints, Python, spreadsheets, or other development tools. But for a quick one-off calculation, opening a full workflow can sometimes be unnecessary.
I’ve been experimenting with a collection of lightweight browser-based utilities for these kinds of everyday tasks:
I’m curious what other Unreal developers use for these small supporting tasks. Do you generally rely on spreadsheets, custom editor tools, scripts, calculators, or have you built your own utilities inside Unreal?
Would also be interested to hear which small repetitive tasks you think are worth automating in a UE5 workflow.