Use Unreal Wihout code

Can i use Unreal Engine wihout code?

What code? Rather than C++, you can use Blueprints which is Visual Scripting, as seen below:

Still requires you to smash your face against the keyboard every now and then, though.

You can. But not much would happen…

HAHAHA That could be cleaned up tho LOL But it is accurate of most BP

Hahaha! What in the actual … is that? I can’t even.

i think its to update some text in a umg widget =P lololol

It is called Visual Scripting.
Scripting is coding.
It is initially probably easier to pick up as a non-programmer, but it still gets hard doing a real game, don’t expect a whole game to magically appear before your eyes. There is always help in the community, and a ton of tutorials around.

Definitely possible without C++, though there is some stuff that can only be done in C++ or can be exposed to blueprints via plugin.

People say “simple games” can be done with blueprints only, but honestly 99% of my game code is handled in blueprint. If I didn’t try to get fancy with Google Sheets and dynamic morphs I’d be able to do everything in BP. Most things you wanna do in C++ have a plugin available for it unless it’s really specific and these plugins generally also have exposed BP functions.

Now if you’re asking if you can make a game without any scripting whatsoever, not really. It’s going to at least require Blueprints. Maybe there’s a game template on the marketplace that’s close enough to your vision and you can just replace the art assets and tweak some config files to get what you want, but that’s not common I’m sure :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely, I did it…

That’s some beautiful code.

Time for:

I love the way there was SOME attempt at formatting…