Use map as level transition

Hey everyone,

I want to use a very small map as transition instead of a simple loading screen image. I have set up the level hierarchy like this:

1. Menu Level
  2. Transition Map

And then

1. Transition Map
  2. All the other maps

So when the player starts the game I use “load stream level” to load the transition map. Then I want to unload the menu map but that doesn’t work unfortunately. In the transition map I want to load the main level which seems to be working, but the menu map is still loaded…

I’m new to this level streaming thing, so I read the documentaries, but even changing the variables “Should be visible” and “Should be loaded” aren’t working. I’m not sure if it is a hierarchy setup mistake or what, but somehow it should be possible to do that, right?
I also enabled the options “Async loading thread enabled” and “Use background level streaming” in the project settings…

Thank you for help in advance.

I see that you posted this for about 3 month ago already, I don’t have the answer but I am interested to do the same thing, did you find any solution?

Unfortunately I didn’t… But it seems like there is no possibility to achieve this, or at least not without huge effor and time. I gave up and now planning to record the level and use that scene in a widget which I’m going to add to viewport during the loading of a level.

What about using “Open level” to switch between maps (including your transition map) instead of “load level stream”?

Yeah. But if you use that, you would have a black screen between the loading from the current level to the level transition. And if you’re in the level transition, you can’t load the already streamed parts and so on.