Use a Timeline with a dynamically modified variable

Hi, I want to make a camera travelling to a platform that is rising from the ground,
So I am using a timeline to make a smooth animation but all the Timeline updates use the original value of the location of the platform.
My blueprint looks like this :

When I print the changing vector ( From Calc Actor Camera Pos) the value is changing but it doesn’t seem to be the case for the Set World Location.

Can someone help me please ?

Hi!

Can you, please, clarify - by

“When I print the changing vector ( From Calc Actor Camera Pos) the value is changing”

do you mean value from “Lerp (Vector)” or value from “Calc Actor Camera Pos”?

If latter, then can you please show curve of your timeline?

When I talked about the “changing vector” I was talking about the value from “Calc Actor Camera Pos”, my bad

My timeline is a straight line going from 0 to 1

Should it normally work and I have made a mistake in my implementation or do I need to find a work-around for this ?
Thanks

Curve seems OK.

And Lerp values are not changing, right?

It depends what you mean by “not changing”

Let’s say we have Vector A for the original camera position
And we have B0 … Bn Vectors B that are for all the different positions the platform has during the update of the timeline

My Lerp function will work as a Lerp but will always be between A and B0 even though
“Calc Actor Camera Pos” returns different values each time.
B1 … Bn are never taken into account.

Okay so I seem to have fixed my problem,
In the 1st screen I’ve got an actor name “Camera Pos ref” which was the original position and rotation of the camera for whenever I need to reset the camera to it’s default position.

The issue was caused by the fact that I used the Lerp on this actor and not on the actual camera position.
I don’t really know why the issue was caused but that works now.
Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.