I found FBX’s from mixamo do not import into UDK, actually they do but they don’t give the results you probably are looking for
What I do to fix it is:
- Import FBX from Mixamo to Max
- Save imported model in max
- reopen the saved model (I found it needs to be closed and reopened as its probably getting rid of some Mixamo settings once the model is reopended)
- Export FBX from Max
- In UDK import the mesh
- Create your animset
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for each anim
- Import the anim FBX into UDK
If the anim is applied to the same rig on different models then you only need to repeat the anim steps for importing anims.
Maybe a step or 2 in the above can be dropped, dunno but that’s what I do and it works.