Download

[URGENT] Voice Chat without Steam

Hello guys,

I’m a bit lost with the voice chat and i really need your help for this. A client ask me to add a voice chat system for a Win/Mac application for a near future.
I hear about the Opus Codec that could do the job. The Application works without Steam.
My question is how to implement it ?

PS : The final application will be for a dedicated server.

Thank you very much for your help !

Hello Guys,I post a new commentary here to say that i really need your help …
Thank you again !

The opus codec and voice recording solution is implemented in the engine already, but it is tied to the online subsystem as of yet. But it doesn’t mean there are no ways around and use it without oss. Apart from the plugin available on the marketplace to serve the exact purpose you are requesting, the voice recording and encoding/decoding facilities are relatively easy to setup in an actor / actor component to capture and apply the codec on the recorded voice. The voice module of the engine should get you on the right track.

The voice system is already implemented and not link to Steam at all.
You just need to have the session created with the different endpoint (client) and you are good for Voice Chat.
You can look at the UT code, they activated it in their code. There are also other thread on it.

The key point is really: Session. Without Session the voice chat is not working.

Hello,
You can use this plugin for voice chat, it works Cross-platform on Windows, Android, iOS. Cross-Platform Voice Chat Pro in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

You can do global, team and proximity voice chat. It is optimized with the usage of opus codec, and you can choose microphone sampling rate and number of channels, you can also get the raw Pcm data of microphone input.