Urgent!!! How do I fix a scale issue with a character.

Ok here is the situation. Early in production Character Modeling was done in 3ds Max with a target of Unity. So work in Max was done in Meters All of the Characters and animations are all in Meters.

Now project has moved from Unity to Unreal. Art staff has both Maya and 3Ds.

If I import the FBX files that were originally made from 3Ds MAX into Unreal Characters are about 2 CM tall and Physics assets do not get created

If I Import the FBX into Unreal and set the Unit scale to 100 the characters are the correct size But the have a scale of 100 and not this throws all kinds of things like physics and mounting objects to sockets into wacky crazy chaos.

If I Import the characters in to Maya the root node gets a scale of 100 and things look the right size but This scale of 100 throws all kinds of things into chaos

I have tried every trick I can think of to get round this. I honestly dont understand how in this day and ages that software can convert between M and CM without adding a scale to something.

Please help I’m losing my mind here trying to find a solution to this. There has to be some way out of this conundrum.

UPDATE: OK I have figured out how to get the character and skeleton at the right size with 1.0 scale. Basically you have to export the weights to maps then scale everything propper then rebind it then import the proper weights back in.

So now I just have to find a way to do so for the animation